After much deliberation I have decided to keep the name of my blog as Donna’s Destination Disney. Here are the reasons why:
- As a member of the Disney Vacation Club, I plan/hope to get to a Disney destination every three years. In 2015, I went to Walt Disney World for 8 glorious nights in October. In 2012, I went to Disney World for a week in December. In 2018, Lord willing and the creek don’t rise, I hope to go to Disneyland Paris for 5 nights with the family in September.
- The thought of visiting and walking around a Disney destination is great motivation for me to eat well and move more.
- I am a mega Disney fan, so from time to time, I will post Disney related info, like…
Frozen Ever After and the new Soarin’ opened this week at EPCOT. The wait for Frozen Ever After is over 3 hours long as I type this. Holy cannoli!! I can hardly wait to ride those rides, yet there is no way I would stand in a three hour line to do so. Geesh! What an exciting time at the Disney parks what with Shanghai Disney opening this month, too.
Now on a more serious note: the senate today voted down 4 pieces of legislation that would make it tougher to mass-shoot Americans. Shame on them!! I really do believe that those who voted down this legislation are representing the NRA, NOT their own constituencies. Election time is coming and it’s time to take a stand voters; these NAY voters on this legislation have to go!
I believe in the right to bear arms. I do. If you need a pistol to feel safe in your own home, I have no problem with that. If you hunt and need a specific rifle to get it done, I have no problem with that. [I am a carnivore, too. ;)] But enough is e-bloody-nough! These assault rifles should not be readily available. And if you are on the terrorist watch list or the no fly list, you should have a hard time purchasing a gun. That just seems like common sense.
Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.
I am striving to eat better by planning our menus and by trying out HelloFresh, a home meal-delivery service. Here’s what they say on their website:
1. We create amazing recipes. Each week our chefs create amazing recipes for you that are easy to prepare. Our meals are interesting yet simple. And we ensure that your diet is balanced and varied.
2. We do the shopping for you. Tired of wasting time at the grocery store? We do it all for you; from creating the recipes and planning the meals, to grocery shopping and even delivering all of the pre-measured ingredients right to your door!
3. Free Delivery! We deliver everything straight to your door, so you can skip the trip.
4. You prepare delicious meals in your own home. We are More Than Food. Quick and easy recipes, no fancy equipment or techniques, and no obscure ingredients. Our mission is to help you get nutritious and delicious meals on the table.
Sounds great, right? I’ll let you know what I think in a few weeks. I am expecting my first delivery tomorrow. I ordered 3 meals per week. I figure this will help us to try some new and interesting recipes for awhile.
As for exercise this week: I only made it to the Rec center on 2 days last week, but I did move around a lot more at home. My walking buddy hurt her back, so she can’t come with me for awhile. It’s so difficult to get myself up and out without her to hold me accountable. However, “I am responsible for me. I need to be the change I want to see. I need to get up and walk.” Hmmm…not a bad mantra.
Today I got up and emptied out my closet, because there is a leak in our air conditioner in the attic and the entry to the attic is through my closet ceiling. The leak is bad enough that there is water pouring into our guest room. Yuk! I think I walked a mile back and forth with all my stuff: clothes, books, pictures, memorabilia, etc… I was sweating like I’d had a full body workout, and now I have the aches and pains to prove it. My walking for today will be a run to the grocery store to finish out our week of grocery needs.
Then we need to batten down the hatches, because the weather is supposed to get ugly all day tomorrow, thunderstorms, possible tornadoes and much heavy rain. Help me, Jesus!
That’s about it for today. Thanks for reading and following me on this journey of my senior-citizen life. You, dear reader, are precious to me.
PS: I am LOVING the Grandma gig! My grandbaby Ida is so amazing! I can hardly wait to hold her again. She’s already 4 and a half weeks old. She has a head of beautiful dark hair. She likes to hear singing (especially her mama’s voice). She’s learning so much everyday. *happy sigh* My heart is so full, as I see pictures of her growing. I am so very thankful!