Day 107 in my motion toward Mickey.
Today’s plan is to be active at the office. I will:
- Set up a table and set up the display of the Advent devotionals in the church narthex. FYI: The narthex is the entrance room to the church building.
- Put away the boxes of paper that were delivered to the office weeks ago and have been cluttering up my work space.
- Service the coffee machine. Check coffee, decaf and chocolate supplies and top up the machine. Check the water supply and restock the cups.
- Tidy up the ushers stand, print and put out the attendance sheets for Sundays, Advent and Christmas.
- I will walk to my work partners’ offices with messages and questions today, rather than emailing or phoning them.
- I will find a home for some Women of St. James files and items that came into the office today.
- And whatever else I can think of to keep moving.
The day will be a feel-good-about-my-moving day. And I, dear readers, will meet you at the Kingdom!
BTW: For some reason Old Key West is really calling my name today. I just LURV that place! 🙂
Day 42 in my quest to be my best for Mickey
Today’s plan contains a few things:
- Mike eats seeds everyday. They are his favorite snack, and he is nearly out of sunflower seeds. So step one for today is to travel to Walgreens and shop for Mike’s seeds. However, instead of running in and running out like I usually do, I will stay and walk and browse for at least 20 minutes. That way I’ll get some steps in for me and my handy-dandy Fitbit. And I will mo-o-o-ove some. 🙂
- We are singing with our besties, the Carlsons, the next time we visit the UP. So step two for today is going into the basement and putting on a full-court-press to find a song, “Come, Let Us Reason.” This means more time on my tootsies, and I’ll walk the stairs a few extra times today. Plus there will be stretching and bending as I search.
- My dear daughter-in-law picked up a book from the library for me to see. It’s titled, “I Quit Sugar” by Sarah Wilson. So my third step for today will be to come home and looking through this book. There are 108 sugar-free recipes in it, so I will look for some new ideas to try.
There you are, dear readers. A threefold plan today. As you can see it takes a village for my plan today. Thank you Mike, Wayne, Jean and Eliza for getting me up, moving and planning today.
Meet you at the Kingdom!
BTW: 42 days ago I would not have had the energy to pull off this three step plan. I’m definitely noticing the difference that the nutritious food and the more mo-o-o-oving are making. 🙂 PTL!
Day 38 in walking toward Mickey
To quote Mr. Rogers, “It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor. Would you be mine? Could you be mine?” The sun is shining today in Lake Bluff, and we’ll hit the low-60s, temperature-wise. So…here’s my plan for today: I will take a walk after work. I think I’ll stop in beautiful downtown Lake Bluff and walk those pretty streets again. I will aim for a 20 minute walk. Still not an easy thing for me!
I’ll try to imagine myself strolling up Main Street USA toward beautiful Cinderella’s Castle in the Magic Kingdom. That should put a spring in my step, and a smile on my face. I need to work on really embracing walking, instead of trudging through it. A walk is good, instead of evil, right? 🙂 I need to do some serious praying about getting some help to love exercise, because right now it’s still on par with Chinese water torture, for me.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 NKJV Help me, Jesus!
Meet you at the Kingdom!
Day 28 tidying up for Mickey
Today’s plan is a very simple one: I will spend at least five minutes every hour (until Mike comes home) up and about tidying some corner of my home. It’s good for the house, and it’s good for me.
I charged my Fitbit last night and will wear it today to see how much I walk. And in honor of dusting it off and putting it back to work, I will take a little walk today.
This morning I woke up early to prepare a pork roast for the crock pot. Today’s new recipe is Slow Cooked Pork Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Pork). It smells delicious. I am going to steam a bunch of broccoli and cook some Cilantro Lime Rice to go with it. Yum! (Thank you skinnytaste.com for the recipes for the pork and the rice!)
Busy day today, but I’m up for the challenge. Meet you at the Kingdom!
Day 27 in walking toward Lake Buena Vista
I had a great call with my Mayo Clinic Health Coach last night. He encouraged me, and let me know that I am on the right track. It makes such a difference when a complete stranger knows what I am up to and sees the value in it. I feel a renewed sense of purpose, and I have a clearer vision of where I want to be in 13+ months.
Here is my plan for today: I will go over my notes from last night’s discussion with my Health Coach, and devise a plan of action to take the next steps…literally, the next steps. I want to increase the number of steps I walk each day. It’s time to break out my dusty Fitbit and start counting my daily steps again. Fitbit is a fabulous tool that keeps count of the steps you take when you wear it. It does a lot more than that, but that is how want to use it for now.
The kids gave Mike (my very amazing husband) a Fitbit for Father’s Day. He set his goal at 10,000 steps a day. He rarely walks less than that, and several times the Fitbit has called him an overachiever for walking way more. Case in point, last night he got a message from his Fitbit because in the course of his work day, he had walked over 13,000 steps. Wow! I figure he’ll be fine walking around Walt Disney World.
Me? Not so much. Not yet. But that’s why I’m here blogging, right. I still have 13+ months to get myself walking more. So, here’s to more…steps that is.
Thank you for taking the journey with me. Meet you at the Kingdom!