Day 118 in my current love affair with Walt Disney World and Mickey
Things I adore about a Walt Disney World Vacation:
- Family together time away from the stresses and pressures of daily life and work.
- Old Key West-I literally exhale and all my stress drifts away when I get there. Whether it’s hanging out in our room or relaxing by the pool or sharing a meal at Olivia’s, this place is just my happy place.
- The Magic Kingdom–this is the place that I become that little girl again, the one who always wanted to go to “Disneyland” but never got to go, because it was too far and too expensive. Disneyland and I are both 59 years old this year, and for me it’s been a 56 year love affair with all things Disney. (That’s about when I have my first memories of Disney.)
- EPCOT, Disney Hollywood Studios, The Animal Kingdom–Each park is so unique and so interesting. I love to see the changes every time we go, even though I sometimes miss the attractions that have gone away. (I still miss the original “Journey Into the Imagination” ride, and don’t even get me started on “Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride”!) But this time we will see the New Fantasyland and the first stage of the changes at Disney’s Marketplace.
- I love the fact that you walk about 5 miles a day, and it doesn’t feel like torture.
- I love some serious pool time. I expect to do miles of pool walking in October just because I can. 🙂
- Amazing gourmet meals. We make it a point to schedule one sit-down meal together for each day that we are there. Favorites include Olivia’s, The San Angel Inn Restaurante and Tony’s Town Square. And this year we will be there for the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT for the first time. Looking forward to that!
My plan for today is to think on these wonderful “loves”, so that my zeal will be renewed, and I will put some extra active-ities into my day. I finished setting up for the Womens’ Cookie Exchange this morning. I will grocery shop on the way home from work today. And tonight I will take a more active role in decorating the tree and the house for Christmas. The kids will come over (Yay!) and we will have “The Dip” while we decorate and watch “It’s a Wonderful Life.” And you know what? It is a wonderful life! Meet you at the Kingdom!
BTW: The Dip is not a diet friendly dish. We have it twice a year, (1) when we put up the Christmas Tree and (2) on Oscars night. (A) In a pie pan you spread 8 oz. of cream cheese. (B) Top with 6 chopped green onions. (C) Top with a can of No Bean Chili. (We do one pan with no beans and one pan with beans) (D) Top with 8 oz. of sharp cheddar cheese. You can either microwave for 5 minutes, or you can heat it at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. We prefer the oven, as it stays hot longer. Serve with your favorite chips. Mike and I prefer Ruffles; Jake and Eliza (aka The Kids) like blue corn chips. Tonight we’ll also have veggies on the side. For me: more veggies, less chips. 🙂
2 thoughts on “Disney Love”
You are amazing birthday girl; and you so deserve Mickey love.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank my dear friend and sister!
LikeLiked by 1 person