Day 272 in eating my way around the world and meeting up with Mickey
My plan for today was to begin my research on healthy choices at the restaurants we will frequent at Walt Disney World in October. My go-to site for this is AllEars.Net. What a great site! It has all the menus from all the restaurants at Walt Disney World! Love it!
Here we go: (Think: the song from Peter Pan “Think of the happiest things…it’s the same as having wings…you can fly!”)
- Olivia’s Cafe at Disney’s Old Key West Resort (our home away from home) Healthiest thing on the menu for breakfast: Monroe Egg White Omelet Thing I will probably order: Conch Republic Omelet with a side of fruit. We are eating breakfast at Olivia’s more than once, so perhaps I will get to try both. Healthiest thing on the menu for dinner: Key West Salmon Salad (this is real contender!) Thing I may order: Mallory Square Cobb Salad Whatever I order I will definitely order Conch Fritters as an appetizer to share. They are my favorite thing at Olivia’s! (The healthiest appetizer on their menu is the House Salad.) Dessert: Healthiest option: Mile High Zero (a no sugar added tropical panna cotta) It’s still very rich so this is to share. I may order this, but we love the Key Lime Pie, so that is a possibility.
- Crystal Palace for breakfast: This is that most dangerous of meals–the buffet! But, hey, we’ll get to visit with Winnie the Pooh and friends (I’m thinking Piglet and Tigger.) I will have an omelet made with vegetables and just a little cheese, a side of fruit, coffee and water. Yum!
- Be Our Guest for dinner: French food–tres rich! The healthiest appetizer on the menu is Garden Salad. What I will probably order: Seasonal Salad Trio and I’ll split with Mike and anyone else who wants to try a taste. Entree: The healthiest thing is probably the Layered Ratatouille, which is a real contender for me. But I may order the Pan-seared Chicken Breast. Mike and I will again split. Dessert: the healthiest choice-Lemon Raspberry Cream Puff (no sugar added), But I already know I’ll try The Grey Stuff. My friend Lumiere told me it’s delicious!
- Yak and Yeti for lunch: Asian food-notoriously high is sugar and/or fats (unless you’e eating raw) Appetizers: Healthiest choices: Lettuce Cups for Two OR House Salad. I would order either. Entree: Honestly the healthiest thing and probably what I would order to share with Mike–Kobe Beef Burger (I wouldn’t eat the bun) with a side of Sauteed Baby Bok Choy. Mike will probably order some fries too. Dessert: Healthiest choice: Sorbet What I will order Mango Pie and 6 forks. It’s a speciality here.
- Tusker House for dinner (another dangerous buffet): I would choose salads. carved meat and/or fish of the day, vegetables, and I would check out the vegetarian choices to see if anything tickles my fancy. Dessert: (Yikes! Also a buffet!) I probably will try the Chocolate Volcano Cake and/or the Strawberry Mousse Cup.
- California Grill-Appetizers: probably the 2 healthiest things to choose from are Farmer’s Strawberry Salad and Mushroom Flatbread. I would try either. Entree: Healthiest choices-Braised Lamb Hind Shank OR East Coast Flounder (Mike will have to choose because I have a hard time ordering Flounder ever since I saw The Little Mermaid!) Dessert: Healthiest options: Chef’s Selection Cheese Board or Plant City Strawberry Cheesecake (no sugar added) I, however, will choose between Vanilla Creme Brulee (one of Mike’s favorites) or Warm Homemade Fritters (they’re banana for crying out loud!)
That’s plenty to chew on for today. Meet you at the Kingdom!
BTW: Still waiting on my cup. Isn’t it a shame when you pay for expedited delivery and post office doesn’t come through??? PTLA!