There are only 16 days now until my Walt Disney World Family Reunion. Woo hoo!
A couple weeks back I won a competition on magicoftmrw blog, (magicoftomorrow.info). I received my prize package this week. It was so much fun to open the box and see what I had won. Here’s a rundown of what I won:
- A beautiful, yellow Belle mug, from Beauty and the Beast. There’s a pretty picture of Belle on one side, and the other side says, “It’s hard to be a Beauty when mornings are a Beast.”
- A cute keychain shaped like Mickey Mouse’s head. In the middle there is a die (one dice? One side has Cinderella’s castle with the words “Disney Parks”, the other side have, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. I just the cutest! I put it straight on my keychain.
- A pretty lei from Disney’s Polynesian Resort. It’s colors, pink, lilac, yellow, orange, light green, and white add a festive decoration to the lamp by my favorite chair.
- A bag of Disney’s Halloween Candy Corn Popcorn. It looks so yummy! It has orange and yellow popcorn in the bag with a few actual candy corns thrown in. I had already decided to try this popcorn while in Florida. Now, I will save it to share with Mike, my main squeeze, on Halloween night as we watch “Hocus Pocus.”
- A very cute Mickey Mouse thank you card.
It was wonderful timing to get me all juiced up for my vacation. So thank you to Magic of Tomorrow!
Meet me at the Kingdom.
Forty-five days from now we head to Walt Disney World. As I think about our travel day to Florida, I am filled with excitement and anticipation. To have Mike and I, the kids, their spouses, and the grandbabies there all in that special place will be a little slice of heaven on earth.
On our sixth full day in Florida, we plan to attend Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Although the party doesn’t start until 7:00 pm, our special event tickets will let us enter Magic Kingdom at 4:00 pm. (Although I’ve read that as DVC members, we could enter as early as 2:00 pm.) This will be plenty of time to make our early dinner reservation at the Beast’s Castle, which is the site of Be Our Guest Restaurant. This is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful dining locations in Walt Disney World. It does have a prix fixe menu, which means it is a Signature Dining event, so it’s a bit expensive, but worth the experience. Some of us ate here three years ago, and it was a magnificent evening. Here’s what Disney has to say about it:
Enter the Beast’s enchanted castle for a quick-service breakfast, lunch or an unforgettable sit-down dinner—bon appétit!
Dine in Palatial Splendor
Feast on French-inspired fare in one of our elaborately themed rooms—straight out of the beloved Disney classic!
Be Our Guest Restaurant is an expansive and elegant 550-seat dining destination located at the foot of Beast’s Castle in Fantasyland. Whether you are enjoying a quick-service breakfast or lunch, or the stately elegance of a table-service dinner, you can select from 1 of 3….
Royal Rooms for Loyal Subjects
Be Our Guest offers 3 meticulously imagineered dining areas, each designed to immerse our Guests in the heartwarming mystery and romance of Beauty and the Beast:
- The Grand Ballroom – Go for baroque in this magnificent ballroom with its high, domed ceiling, chandeliers and snow-laced Gothic arches.
- The West Wing – Dine in the Beast’s mysterious West Wing study—if you dare—and perhaps you’ll even spy his enchanted rose.
- The Castle Gallery – Get swept up in the romance of Belle’s private library, and inspired by the larger-than-life figures of Belle and Beast dancing.
Each room is exquisite—but which best befits your royal visit? All 3 venues share the same menu, so whichever you choose, you cannot lose!
Start planning for a delectable meal at Be Our Guest Restaurant!
Reservations are strongly recommended for all meals—especially dinner—and can be made up to 180 days in advance. Please make your dining reservations as early as possible!
Prepare to be pampered as the dining room presents… your dinner!
Our new standard dinner includes a prix fixe, 3-course menu featuring French-inspired dishes that are très délicieux.
Start your meal with a sumptuous appetizer like French onion soup, charred octopus, escargot or a selection of assorted meats and artisanal cheeses. For your main course, feast on a medley of mouthwatering entrées—including filet mignon, smoked black-eye pea tortellini, seafood bouillabaisse and other savory delights. After, save some room for one of our delectable desserts.
I’m so looking forward to a fun, family-filled evening with a Halloween theme. Meet me at the Kingdom.