Day 369 in my planning my way to meeting my pal Mickey
Today’s plan was put into motion at 11:01 pm Central Standard Time last night. That’s when my Walt Disney World vacation became only 60 days away. Disneyphiles will know that because I am staying at Disney’s Old Key West, a Walt Disney World resort, I at that moment became eligible to schedule our FastPass+ picks. (For those not in the know: FastPass+ is a system that lets you basically preregister for attractions and shows. it allows you re sign up for three a day.)
If I hadn’t gone to the gathering to show love and support for a friend yesterday, I wouldn’t have realized that this was the case. I would have gotten up at 6:00 am CST this morning and gone online to schedule FastPass+. But a church friend who was there is going to The Happiest Place on Earth at the end of September and she made me aware of this particular fact: the system updates at midnight Eastern Standard Time which is 11:00 pm where I live, (Thank you, Ann!) So I started my scheduling at 11:01 pm and I finished at about 1:35 this morning. zzzzzzzzz
Here’s my one gripe: even getting on it as early as I did, I could not get FastPass+ for Seven Dwarves Mine Train nor Toy Story Mania. Argh! Something is seriously flawed with the system…SERIOUSLY! That is so-o-o-o-o frustrating!!
But even at that, I am very pleased with the selections we have. Here they are:
FastPass+ for the Jarvi/Carmichael Clan
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 – Magic Kingdom® Park
- Peter Pan’s Flight®—9:15 AM – 10:15 AM
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®—10:15 AM – 11:15 AM
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid—11:35 AM – 12:35 PM
- I’M VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT WE COULDN’T GET SEVEN DWARVES MINE TRAIN.
Thursday, October 15, 2015 – Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith—11:35 AM – 12:35 PM
- Voyage of The Little Mermaid—12:35 PM – 12:50 PM
- Muppet*Vision 3D—1:45 PM – 2:45 PM
- WE REALLY WANTED TOY STORY MANIA.
Saturday, October 17, 2015 – Epcot®
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends®—9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet®—10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Spaceship Earth—11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- SERIOUSLY, WE CAN’T PICK TEST TRACK AND SOARIN’???
Sunday, October 18, 2015 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
- Kilimanjaro Safaris®—11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Festival of the Lion King—12:30 PM – 12:50 PM
- Finding Nemo – The Musical—3:30 PM – 3:50 PM
- I COULDN’T GET DINOSAUR IN A TIME THAT WORKED FOR US.
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 – Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™—10:05 AM – 11:05 AM
- Star Tours® – The Adventures Continue—11:50 AM – 12:50 PM
- Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage—1:30 PM – 1:50 PM
- ONCE AGAIN…WE REALLY WANTED TOY STORY MANIA.
I think we’ll get the chance to ride Seven Dwarves Mine Train at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. At least I hope so.
So that’s how it all shakes out, Dear Readers. I am so excited; we are 1 month and 29 days away from out trip. Woop, woop!
Meet you at the Kingdom!