Gosh! There are only five days now until we head for Walt Disney World. Our itinerary (see below) looks very busy, but actually it gives us plenty of time to chill out by the pool at Old Key West, or head to Disney Springs to wander and shop and nosh. Today I will do laundry, so I can get my clothes into the suitcase and be mostly packed to go. I have so much stuff in my huge suitcase, that Mike may need to pack some of my clothes. But that means I’ll have plenty of room once I unload everything at our villa. My suitcase will be much lighter on the way home. 🙂
Final Plans for Walt Disney World
- Travel to Florida
- Eat at Good’s Food to Go
Day 2-Magic Kingdom
- Breakfast at Crystal Palace
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid
Day 4-Animal Kingdom
- Lunch at Yak and Yeti’s in Animal Kingdom
- Na’vi River Journey
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Festival of the Lion King
Wednesday, October 24-EPCOT
- EPCOT-take advantage of the Food and Wine Festival for lunch
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Frozen Ever After
Thursday, October 25-Hollywood Studios
- Dinner at Minnie’s Seasonal Dining at Hollywood & Vine
- Toy Story Mania!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-along Celebration
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Friday, October 26
- Breakfast at Olivia’s Café
- This evening we will attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
- Dinner at Be Our Guest
Saturday, October 27-Magic Kingdom
- Lunch at Tony’s Town Square
- Meet Mickey at Town Square Theater
- Jungle Cruise
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Sunday, October 28
- Breakfast at Olivia’s
- Travel home
Meet me at the Kingdom!
Day 273 in eating my way around the world and meeting up with Mickey
My plan for today was to continue my research on healthy choices at the restaurants we will frequent at Walt Disney World in October. My go-to site for this is AllEars.Net. Seriously, you have to check out this site! It is simply a Disneyphiles dream.
Here we go again:
- Artist’s Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge for dinner: Healthiest Appetizer: Signature Field Greens Salad Thing I may order: The salad aforementioned or Artisnal Cheese Selection Entree: Healthiest entree–Grilled Filet Mignon OR Cornish Hen What I will order: Cedar Plank-Roasted King Salmon (I’ve had this each time we’ve been there. It is amazing!) Dessert: Healthiest option:Artisnal Cheese Selection What I will order-Vairhona Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee AND 6 spoons! I really want to try this, even just one spoonful. 🙂
- Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant at Pleasure Island (or whatever it’s called nowadays-it’ll always be Pleasure Island to me!) for dinner: This will be just Mike and I, so we will probably leave a lot of food behind. We get a date night out of the parks; I’m so excited! The healthiest appetizer on the menu is Heritage Tomato Salad. What I will probably order: (Well, I need to ask about the mysterious Soul Soup!) But I’m thinking the Luscious Tart. Entree: The healthiest things are probably Braised Be. Beef OR Mammy’s Roast Chicken But I will probably order Bangers and Booz (one of my all time favorite meals in England or Ireland). And I know Mike will want the Fish and Chips, and we’ll split a side of roasted root vegetables. Dessert: the healthiest choice-Moore Street Market But I will try Trifle Sinful OR Dunbrody Kiss (which is described as “chocolate, add chocolate and add some more.” Oh, yeah!
- 50’s Prime Time Cafe at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for lunch: Appetizers: Healthiest choice: Cousin Amy’s Lettuce Wedge What we will share-Fried Herb and Garlic Cheese. Entree: The healthiest things on the menu are probably 50’s Prime Time Blue Plate Special “a healthy seasonal special” OR the Salmon or Chicken Caesar Salad I will order one of those three Dessert: Healthiest choice: No Sugar Added Cheesecake What I will order 50’s Boston Cream Parfait AND S’mores AND 6 forks and spoons.
- San Angel Inn Restaurante at EPCOT for lunch-Appetizers: probably the 2 healthiest things to choose from are Ensalade Cesar (Caesar Salad) OR Coctel de Camaron (shrimp cocktail) I would try either. Entree: Healthiest choices-
“Loma de Puerco en Pipian – Pork tenderloin served over roasted vegetables and “pipian” – pumpkin, chiles and almond sauce” OR “Pescado a la Veracruzana – Catch of the day prepared with capers, olives, bell peppers, Spanish onions, and tomatoes, seasoned with white wine and spices, served over poblano rice.” Either way, Mike and I will share. Dessert: Healthiest option: “Crema Bavaria – creamy Bavarian mousse served with mixed berries, cinnamon and orange liqueur and vanilla sauce” I will either order that or “Mousse de Chocolate – Chocolate mousse and almond brittle candy.” Say it with me now, “And 6 Spoons!”
That’s about it. However, The EPCOT Food and Wine Festival is happening while we’re there, so I know we’ll sample some goodies there, too. More about that later.
Meet you at the Kingdom!