Day 385 in healthy eating on my way to the Magic Kingdom to meet up with Mickey
Today’s plan was to write up this week’s menu and get my shopping list ready for tomorrow. Done! Yay! So since that’s already behind me let me share tonight’s dinner recipe with you. It’s from my favorite cookbook: Betty Crocker’s 30 Minute Meals for Diabetes.
Quick Taco Skillet Casserole
Prep time: 25 minutes-Makes 6-1&1/3 cup servings-3 Carb Choices
- 1 lb. extra lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1&1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 cup chunky-style salsa
- 1&1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 to 16 oz) diced tomatoes, or whole tomatoes, cut up UNDRAINED
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, UNDRAINED
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- In 12-inch skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain well. Return beef mixture to skillet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium high; cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir before serving.
It’s just that easy. And it is so tasty! Try it; you’ll like it!
Meet you at the Kingdom!
2 thoughts on “Taco-licious!”
Copied!! Sounds good, have to try this/
LikeLiked by 1 person
Trudy, it is so tasty. You’ll love it.