Day 301 in my preparing to party with Mickey
My plan today was to try out a new recipe while Emi (my daughter) is here. (Yay! Emi is here!) For breakfast this morning we had Coconut Pancakes. I got the recipe off of the internet a few months back, and I have been procrastinating preparing it. Emi being here was just the impetus I needed. I wish I had written down the source of the recipe, because I can’t find it now. So with my apologies to the original creator (if you know, please tell me so I can give credit where credit is due) here is my new favorite recipe:
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 3/4 c. coconut milk
- 2 T. coconut oil (or butter) melted, plus extra for frying
- 1/2 c. coconut flour
- 3/4 c. buckwheat flour
- 3 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine, eggs, coconut milk and 2 T. melted coconut oil (or butter)
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Melt a generous dollop of coconut oil or butter in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Pour in some batter.
- Fry, when surface starts to bubble, flip
- Makes 4-6 large pancakes or 8-12 small
- Serve with melted coconut oil or butter and/or sweetener, if desired. (We didn’t add a thing and they were delicious!)
We stuck to the recipe, except I only had unbleached flour, so that is what we used–1/2 c. +3/4 c. I will try the coconut flour and the buckwheat flour next time. Enjoy!
Meet you at the Kingdom!
BTW: We treated ourselves to mani-pedis today; then we had lunch with my dear friend Joan. It was pure pampering. Then I came home and cleaned out my cookbooks and shoes. A very cathartic day! PTL!