Day 92 in my run to rendezvous with Mickey
Wow! I can hardly believe I’ve been at this for 92 days now. What an interesting and rewarding quest this has been so far.
My plan for today was to go to church and worship the God who loves me. I am so-o-o grateful for Jesus. And for a Father who would sacrifice his Son for me (for us!) And for the Spirit who dwells here among us in this world that can be so difficult to live in. So, I went to church this morning, sought forgiveness for my daily sins, sang praises and experienced the peace that passes understanding. Thank you, Lord!
Mike and I have played/sung in church for the last six weeks. Here’s the rundown:
- October 5–we played with Damascus Road at our home church St. James
- October 12–we played with our bestest besties, the Carlson family, at their home church in Ishpeming, MI.
- October 19–Damascus Road again
- October 26–we were asked to provide special music at the early service at St. James on Reformation Sunday (We did Paul Baloche’s Mighty Fortress–fantastic song!)
- November 2–Damascus Road again
- November 9 (today)–Damascus Road again
Whew! I’m tired just thinking about it. 92 days ago, I would never have agreed to play 6 weeks in a row. 92 days ago I wouldn’t have had the energy to get through it. I am so grateful to be 92 days in!
After church today we went out to breakfast with Jake (our son), Eliza (our daughter-in-law) and some of her family. It was such a lovely time together! Feeling blessed!
Then we went to Sam’s Club to shop and I spent 2 hours walking and shopping and in motion. I am whipped, but 92 days ago I wouldn’t have had the energy to do it. So I am going to snooze in front of the TV for a while now.
Meet you at the Kingdom, dear readers!