Day 84 in my mission to mingle with Mickey
Errant Girl: My Pumpkin Spice Latte and my Pina Colada cupcake yesterday were yummy! So tasty. BUT I definitely experienced the inevitable post sugar-ingesting crash. The sugar from the latte contributed to an early afternoon sugar coma/nap. The sugar, from the cupcake at dinner, helped keep me up until 1:00 am. I felt sluggish and and listless this morning.
So today’s plan was to get a bunch of errands done…Errand Girl. And I did! Here’s the list:
- shower and wash my hair
- clip my nails
- pluck my chin hairs (I hate this part of aging!)
- do some laundry
- pick up a few groceries
- input the music for a new Lamb of God on “Sybelius” for the congregation and for Damascus Road to use during Advent through Lent
- write bills for this pay period
- go to the post office, buy stamps and mail said bills
- figure out our tithe for 2015 and prepare our pledge card for Commitment Sunday (November 9)
- plan our menu for the week
- write a store list for grocery shopping tomorrow
- help prepare dinner
- do the dishes.
Whew! Sure beats sitting in my chair all day, eating junk food and slipping in and out of simple-carb comas/naps. Winning!!
So, gentle readers, there is progress being made. And by the grace of God, I have left sugar behind me again until Thanksgiving Day. I will most likely have another sugary latte and a piece of pumpkin pie. But I will follow it with a 5K walk on the following Saturday. (Well, as far as I can make it anyway…) 🙂
Meet you at the Kingdom!