Day 40 in my dance toward Mickey
Forty days, wow! I can hardly believe it’s been 40 days/posts already! To celebrate, I did something fun today. My plan for today was to research the Magic Band. This is the latest thing in Disney World. When you make your reservation to stay on property, each person in your reservation gets a Magic Band. You wear it on your wrist like a watch. Then when you hold it up to certain things, magic happens. Here’s what it does:
- Unlocks the door of your Disney Resort hotel room
- Let’s you enter Disney Theme Parks
- Checks you in at FastPass+ entrances
- Charges food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room.
And you can:
- Choose your color (pink, blue, red, green, orange, gray, yellow)
- Accessorize it with MagicSliders, MagicBandits, CoverBands (I have to research this a little more)
- Seek specialty bands (like Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary-Halloween bands)
- Attach it to Memory Maker, so any photos taken at the parks are linked to it.
How cool is that? Now I have to figure out how to make our 3 FastPass+ selections for each day we are there. And all six of us won’t necessarily want to do the same rides/parades/fireworks/meals, so how does that work? There is still much to discover. I will keep reading up on it all.
Thank you to Disney Vacation Tips on Pinterest and Facebook for the info shared above.
Meet you at the Kingdom!