Since it’s only 68 days until our trip to Walt Disney World in October, I’ve decided to investigate the 2018 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival offerings. I ordered the Disney Food Blog’s DFB Guide to the 2018 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival by AJ Wolfe and the DFB Team. I cannot recommend this resource enough! It is so comprehensive and contains more information than one can possibly need. Two thumbs up, for sure!!
After much investigation and elimination, (I mean, how much food can one person take in at one festival?) I’ve come up with the follow list for Mike and me. We will share all plates, which are quite small in general.
- Wine & Dine Studio-Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Active Eats-Loaded Mac and Cheese
- Hawaii-Kahlua Pork Slider
- Refreshment Port-Beef Brisket Poutine
- Canada-Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
- France-Crème Brulee
- Belgium-Belgian Waffle
- Hops and Barley-New Brunswick Slider
- Germany-Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll
- Brazil-Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions
If we choose to attend the festival more than one day, than we’ll save some of the above for the second day and perhaps add:
- Canada-Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon
- Ireland-Roasted Irish Sausage
That’s a lot of choices, but like I said portions are small, and Mike and I will split everything. It’ll be just enough to get a taste of each item.
I also found in the DFB Guide to the 2018 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival a Vegetarian Crawl. We have three vegetarians in the family so I thought it was worth a look. Here’s what they suggest:
- Chocolate Studio-Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart with Whipped Cream
- Earth Eats-IMPOSSIBLE “Burger” Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw on a Sesame Seed Bun
- Active Eats-Active Eats Energy Bar Bites: a mixture of Chocolate, Nuts, Dried Fruit and Dates
- Cheese Studio-Maple Boursin Cheesecake with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel and Pecan Crunch
- India-Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips
- Greece- Vegan Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki
- Ireland-Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread
- Belgium-Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
- Africa-Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa
- Brazil-Pao de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread
Not bad, if I do say so myself.
We are going to have a lot of fun at the 2018 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival!
Meet you at the Kingdom.
4 thoughts on “2018 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival Choices”
Some amazing options here, we can’t wait to hear what you think of them!
I vote for the Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon… and Cabernet Suvignon wine …
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am seriously excited to try that impossible burger…
LikeLiked by 1 person