Day 316 in munching my way to Mickey
Today’s plan was to prepare a new recipe for dinner tonight. I chose Six Layer Salad. We just finished eating dinner, and it was scrumptious! Here’s the recipe from Betty Crocker 30 Minute Meals for Diabetes:
- 3 cups of chopped cole slaw (cabbage and carrots)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1&1/2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Put peas in a microwave safe bowl with the water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir; microwave for another 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt until smooth.
- In a 2 quart bowl layer: cole slaw mix, carrots, chicken, tomatoes, peas, yogurt mix.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Toss the salad and serve.
This is a keeper. I know I will prepare it again this summer. It’s a great summer dinner.
Meet you at the Kingdom!