Day 312 In my path to meeting up with Mickey in October (3 months and 27 days to go)
Today my plan was to work through a couple of the sessions in Module One of Better Beyond 50. I joined this program, and as soon as I did, we lost our internet at home. We have been without internet for two weeks now at home. Argh! Luckily my iPhone can be used as a Personal Hotspot.
One of the things that I had to do today is write down my five top values, which I think sounds like my priorities. Just a few years ago, I would have said my top five priorities were:
- Mike (my husband)
- Jake and Emi (my kids)
- My job
- Hmmm…I don’t know
Today my focus has shifted. Now my top five priorities are:
- God (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. This branch can do nothing if separated from the vine that is God.)
- Me (my health and working on it, because I need to really learn to love myself) I still think that sounds selfish, but I need to get over it. Scripture makes it perfectly clear that we have to love ourselves before we can love others.
- Mike (He makes me happy.)
- My new career focus (When I retire as Church Secretary in December, I want to get serious about my writing.)
- My kids (They are on such strong paths; they don’t need me as much as they once did. Hallelujah! It’s time to focus in other things now.)
It was a great exercise to do. I had to spend some time really thinking about what I want my future to be. It’s so strange to think about turning sixty. How do I want to finish this life? I want to finish as the best child of God that I can be. I am excited to see what the next twenty plus years can bring. No matter what comes, good or bad, God will be there, so I can face it with peace in my heart.
Meet you at the Kingdom!
2 thoughts on “Top Priorities”
Awesome! Really happy to be at position 5. Those new additions at 2 and 4 look doggone good to me, Ma.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You and Emi are making the transition possible. Love you!