Day 176 in cooking my way to Mickey.
Today’s plan was to reach back and prepare a favorite recipe from the past: Surprise Package Casserole. I took it from a book called, Recipes to Lower Your Fat Thermostat.
- First I peeled enough potatoes to make 4 cups of mashed potatoes.
- Second I browned one quarter pound of ground beef.
- Then I sauted half a cup of diced onion, half a cup of sliced carrots and half a cup of sliced celery.
- I mixed the meat and veg with 10 ounces of frozen peas and a can of tomato soup.
- I put this in a casserole dish and covered it with the mashed potatoes.
- I sprinkled a little paprika on top and put it in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees.
Voila! Delicious. Meet you at the Kingdom!