Day 70 in my travails to meet Mickey
I woke up completely depleted and tired out this morning. So my plan for today is to completely enjoy a day off from work at the church, and I am working around the house for some physical activity today.
- I took a shower and cleaned myself up this morning.
- I cleaned up my bedroom.
- I am doing laundry.
- I just put a “Mexican Bean Soup” in the oven to keep simmering until dinner tonight. (Gotta keep my amazing man eating healthy, don’t I?)
- I will make a cornbread for us to enjoy with the soup, hot out of the oven.
- I will help clean up after dinner.
- And all day long I will stop and take deep, cleansing breaths and savor this day at home.
Meet you at the Kingdom!
Mexican Bean Soup: 3 cups of pinto beans, 2 carrots (cut in 2 inch pieces), half cup of zucchini (cut in 2 inch pieces), half a cup of corn, diced onion, diced garlic and spices ( cumin, chili powder, pepper, salt). And because my Mikey is such a carnivore, I added a half pound of ham. Mmmm-Mmmm good! Thanks to “Recipes to Lower Your Fat Thermostat” for the recipe!
2 thoughts on “Domestic Goddess”
I read ‘Mikey’ as ‘Mickey’ the first time :). I’ve got mouse-brain!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I was afraid that might happen. 🙂