Day 242 in my marathon toward Mickey
Today’s plan on my way to a healthier me–thyroid biopsy. Check! I think I’m done with tests now until my surgery at the end of the month…please, God.
A doctor performs a thyroid biopsy and the doc scheduled to do mine was called to the ER, so I waited an extra hour for my test.
Anatomy of a thyroid biopsy:
- Lay down on a skinny table with your neck hyperextended so they have easy access.
- Get throat swabbed with anti-bacterial swabs.
- Get throat painted with betadine antiseptic solution. (At least I think that’s what the nurse called it.)
- Get a shot of 1% lidocaine in the neck.
- Have ultrasound guidance to find nodule. (This involves pushing an instrument into the windpipe.)
- Have a needle inserted into the thyroid to remove samples of the nodule.
- And, in my case, sit up and become immediately nauseated.
Not fun. BUT it’s behind me and I should get the results on Friday.
The odd thing is I kept singing Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah in my head the whole time. 🙂
Meet you at the Kingdom!
BTW: Major break through with Kitty. She let me pet her last night, and she actually purred for the first time since she’s been here. Yippee!