Day 81 in my migration toward meeting Mickey
Well, I danced like no one was watching last night. It was fun…and tiring, but it was good to do it.
I don’t know how hard is too hard to push myself physically. As soon as I push through the pain to walk further, my hip starts aching something fierce, my knees start snapping at me, my back throws in the towel and my upset stomach rears up. I end up so sore and feeling so lousy that I am absolutely discouraged, so I end up taking several days to recover enough to be able to do it again. I haven’t “listened” to my body for years. Now I am hearing it loud clear. And it is saying, “Slow and easy wins the race. Rome (nor this gargantuan body) wasn’t built in a day. Patience is a virtue.” I know, right? My body speaks in clichés…who knew? But it is very clear to me that I need to take it slowly.
So today’s plan is to spend some time putting together our dates for the trip to Walt Disney World.
- What date can I call and book our rooms at Old Key West (11 months prior to check-in)?
- What date do I make our dinner/lunch reservations? (180 days prior to check-in)?
- What date do I book Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween tickets?
- What date do I reserve our Magical Express ride from the airport to Old Key West and back?
- When do I purchase my Tables in Wonderland discount card? (A discount dining perk that saves 20% on most meals)
- When do I register for my Fastpass+ choices? (60 days prior to check-in?)
- When shall I book our flights?
Much to do, but it’ll be fun research while I wait for my spine to quick clicking when I walk. This getting older is not for the faint of heart. 🙂
Meet you at the Kingdom!