Just 22 days now until my Walt Disney World vacation. Woo hoo! When I last visited WDW in 2015, I spent only one day at EPCOT, and the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. I had a lunch reservation at San Angel Inn Restaurante. Well, once I’d had my lunch, I was too full to enjoy any of the festival booths. Lesson learned. This year I have no meal reservations for my EPCOT day. I am going to enjoy the food booths this year!
Thanks to DFB (Disney Food Blog) Guide to the 2018 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, I was able to make some choices in advance. Listed below are the booths and foods that I will choose from.
- Wine & Dine Studio-Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Active Eats-Loaded Mac and Cheese
- Hawaii-Kahlua Pork Slider
- Refreshment Port-Beef Brisket Poutine
- Canada-Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
- France-Crème Brulee
- Belgium-Belgian Waffle
- Hops and Barley-New Brunswick Slider
- Germany-Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll
- Brazil-Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions
- Canada-Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon
- Ireland-Roasted Irish Sausage
That’s a lot of choices, but the portions are small, and Mike and I will split everything. It’ll be just enough to get a taste of each item. This is so exciting! We will eat around the world. 🙂
I also found in the DFB Guide to the 2018 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival a Vegetarian Crawl. We have three vegetarians in the family so I thought it was worth a look. Here’s what they suggest:
- Chocolate Studio-Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart with Whipped Cream
- Earth Eats-IMPOSSIBLE “Burger” Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw on a Sesame Seed Bun
- Active Eats-Active Eats Energy Bar Bites: a mixture of Chocolate, Nuts, Dried Fruit and Dates
- Cheese Studio-Maple Boursin Cheesecake with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel and Pecan Crunch
- India-Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips
- Greece- Vegan Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki
- Ireland-Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread
- Belgium-Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
- Africa-Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa
- Brazil-Pao de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread
The featured photo for today is from three years ago. We’ve been through a lot since then, but through God’s grace and blessings, we are more ready than ever to enjoy this vacation/family reunion. Bring it on!
Meet me at the Kingdom.
PS. Make sure to check out Disney Food Blog (DFB). It is my absolute favorite Disney blog, and I look forward to every post. If you are at all a Disneyphile, then please look for it online. And special thanks to AJ from DFB for never disappointing!